Project Title: Barriers to Education in The Colorado Immigrant Community
- Project Authors and Collaborators: Alessandra Brunton, Dr. Johnny C. Ramirez, Maggie Benn, Norbert Peyfuss
- Project Description An infographic describing the barriers that immigrant youth experience when going though the educational process.
Link to Project: https://create.piktochart.com/output/41214730-migrahack-2019
Data and Sources Used:
- 2018 Kids Count in Colorado! Colorado Children’s Campaign, 2018.
- Colorado Department of Education. Colorado Graduation Rate Dashboard. 2018, http://www.cde.state.co.us/code/graduationrate. —.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners in Colorado. 2016. —.
- ESSA Revised Final Allocation. Office of Grants Fiscal Management, 2019. —. Schoolview Data Center. 2018, https://edx.cde.state.co.us/SchoolView/DataCenter/reports.jspx?_adf_ctrl state=pac20phbp_4&_afrLoop=1458851313462822&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=jzwlkkw8v_4. —.
- Title III Immigrant Set-Aside. Jan. 2019. Denver Public Library.
- Denver Resource Guide for New Americans. 2019. Sugarman, Julie, and Courtney Geary.
- English Learners in Colorado: Demographics, Outcomes, and State Accountability Policies.
- National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy, Aug. 2018. Turcios, Esther.
- The Impact of Deportation on Mental Health, Education Outcomes, and Economic Opportunity for Colorado Kids. Colorado Fiscal Institute, 2018, https://www.coloradofiscal.org/deportation-detention-and-aggressive-immigration-enforcement-harms-children-and-families/.
- U.S. Census Bureau, 2012
- American Community Survey, 2012.